Our new little daughter!

Our new little daughter!
Mari Elizabeth

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ho hum. . .

Ho hum. That is how I felt when I woke up Monday morning. Well, ho hum with a dollop of guilt for feeling ho hum. I looked around at my family and my home and the joy I desired wasn't resonating with me at all. I was planning to meet my good friends for a day at the pool. This gave me something to look forward to, I knew I'd put on my smile on when they arrived. But, still feeling ho hum. Around 1:30 pm the world changed.

My friends and I were enjoying a very hot sunny afternoon with the kids at a local, unpopulated swimming pool. What went from a perfectly wonderful afternoon turned into a mother's living hell within one minute. My friend's 5 year old son was laying lifeless at the bottom of the pool.

Praise to God that he was resuscitated quickly and is doing fine. My dear friend, on the other hand is tormented by the images of what she experienced. We are praying fervently for her healing and that she would know deep in her soul that this was not her fault. And, like I've heard for years, it happened so quickly, so quietly . . .

My intention in posting this entry is simply to relate how quickly we are called to action, and I mean that on many levels - physical, emotional and spiritual. This day was another reminder for me that life is so incredibly fragile and fleeting. I don't have time for ho hum. I refuse to indulge in it. And again, I can not praise God enough for the women in my life. To see every one handle this emergency with such grace and love - is beyond words.