Our new little daughter!

Our new little daughter!
Mari Elizabeth

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Basement School

My dear hubby has been working from home since mid-May, and this was nice and good as I was wrapping up the school year with my kindergartner. However, waves of panic have been washing over me as the school year approaches . . . sharing space isn't going to work out so well for this school year. Hubby needs a quiet place to be on the phone, we can't be very quite and get our work done (while keeping doodlebop 2 1/2 year old sister busy!)

So. . . I decided to rearrange our unfinished basement in order to function as a school room. So far, so good. Being so pleased with my physical effort, I asked my son to figure out a name for our new "school." He replied, "Umm, how about Homeschool?" with a puzzled look expressing the silliness of needing to name the space. I balked at that and urged him to come up with something else, something a bit more creative. "Oh, I know . . .Basement School!" So there we have it, Basement School!