Our new little daughter!

Our new little daughter!
Mari Elizabeth

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Bride's "Matron" Dress?

Today I was fitted for a Brides Maid's dress, as I am to share the position of "Matron" of Honor with my sister-in-law for my cousin Lisa's wedding in August. It was an awkward experience, trying on the dress and being fitted with my kids running circles around me in the bridal shop. I could tell by the response from the gal helping me that I wasn't the traditional client that she was accustomed to. Especially as my dear daughter ran immediately to the shoe display while I had my hands out and a measuring tape across my breasts. She plucked the shiniest, pinkest shoe off the shelf and proceeded to put it on - she walked, with one shoe on, in a woman's high heel and didn't fall. Pure athleticism! My 2 year old daughter is full of "mirth" as her Godmother calls it. An ebuliant joie de vive! For a moment I imagined my daughter, as a woman visiting a bridal shop, and I hoped with all my heart that I'd be invited to go with her.