Our new little daughter!

Our new little daughter!
Mari Elizabeth

Friday, August 15, 2008

Matron of Honor's Dress that is . . .

Remember my last post? Well, I assumed that my dress was going to fit. Ha.
So, now I've got a dress that is painfully too small, though it does zip - when I choose not to breathe. This dress has been a nightmare. First, I ordered it in February, and one size bigger - just in case I were to become prego. In April, I did get pregnant. So, when the dress arrived in May, I tried it on and couldn't even zip up the back. The bridal shop was very flexible, ordered me a new dress and charged me for a restocking fee (better price than the dress!) and so I ended up with a size 14 extra length.
Ok, miscarriage. A week later. Time goes by . . . and I hoping to shrink a bit.

A week and a 1/2 before the wedding, the recommended seamstress/alterations lady arrives at my home to do our measurements (Amber and Laura's too). She doesn't have her tape measure. RED FLAG!

I picked up and paid for the 3 dresses yesterday. Decided to try it on while the kids tried on their clothes - I wanted to be sure everyone was at ease in their new outfits, and that nothing unexpected awaited in the guise of a missing button, stain or tear.

Made a phone call to the seamstress. She hasn't returned it. Lovely.

I'm bringing a back up dress. I won't survive this dress all night long! And, I am not being overly dramatic - I never do that, do I? :)

So, when I post the photos of the wedding and there is a subtle look of pain in my eyes, it is the dress, or maybe the shoes!