Our new little daughter!

Our new little daughter!
Mari Elizabeth

Monday, July 14, 2008

This Sucks!


Bremma is learning NOT to suck her thumb. Last night she slept ALL NIGHT with out sucking her thumb or sleeping with her special blankets (her pink "my" and her blue "my"). I am utterly amazed! My sister is being trained in Oral Facial Myology and came home from her class on fire to help Bremma stop her bad habit. When Bremma was asked if she wanted to stop sucking her thumb she said "Yes!" and added that "I wanna be a big girl." So Nicki did pulled out all the stops. She put a "dot" on the top of Bremma's palate and then put some yucky gel on her thumb, the last step was putting a sock on her hand.

Here is a snippet of our bedtime conversation, keep in mind she is 2 and 1/2 years old:

Me: "Night, night sweet girl."

Bremma: As her thumb is being subconciously willed to her mouth and she suddenly realizes that she can't put it there, "I can't sleep now!" She rolls over with an exaspperated breath.

Me: "You CAN sleep, you just can't sleep and SUCK your thumb."

Bremma: Wimpering "Ok." She grabs my hand with her chubby hand and places it on her head. Then an idea occurs to her! She grabs my thumb and pulls it desperately toward her mouth. "I'll do yours!"

Me: (Laughing) "Nice Try!"