Our new little daughter!

Our new little daughter!
Mari Elizabeth

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Welcome to Candy Land!

Yesterday and today were filled with planting our annuals in pots and the front flower bed. Perrenials and bushes went in as well. I did the shopping at a local nursery - Picadilly Nursery in Brighton - where they actually helped me! I was greeted by about 4 employees, all eagerly tending to this or that and willing to assist me. Bliss. I did that shopping alone. Double Bliss. Last year, I attempted this feat with a 1 1/2 year old and 4 year old. Dear daughter sat in mud puddles, and tottered off down through the jungle aisles of plants. Dear son was as helpful as he could be, for a 4 year old. They had a great time - me, not so much!

So, the kids did go with me on Tuesday to shop at Home Depot. It was like Candy Land. We picked red, yellow, pink and orange - all hot and bright colors. Bremma demanded "PINK, PINK, PINK" and claimed her own set of petunias. . . they were pink. My visions of perfectly coordinated pots went out the window today in favor of a rainbow explosion of colors in each pot - truly Candy Land. My kids were really enthusiastic, and I had a great time with them. Our pots are beautiful, unique perhaps. . . but beautiful. My kids decided which flowers should go together, and I have the memories of their muddy feet and muddy hands helping me. Turin was the watering can man, and was reliable in getting all the "babies" wet. Bliss.