Our new little daughter!

Our new little daughter!
Mari Elizabeth

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Good News and Coffee!

I have a daily morning routine in which I check my email. Usually it is just to determine scheduling stuff, and to keep up with the news and friends. Today, however I got two important messages regarding special people whom my heart has been breaking for. So, my friend's sister, who was diagnosed with Thyroid cancer and is 22 weeks pregnant got the news that the cancer is slow growing and treatable after her baby is born at full term!! Last week the news was looking so incredibly grim, as you can imagine how aweful the scenario could have been, and was feared to be by her doctors.

Our friend Wei-Hsien Wan who had to suddenly fly back to Malaysia to see his ailing mother, missed her by about 13 hours as she passed away before he arrived home. He was struggling with a bizarre immigration hiccup and when he left the country, he effectively terminated all chances for citizenship here in the US. An email from him this morning was a quick hello, but full of his usual charm and sense of humor - and that in itself helps me to know that he's going to be o.k. Praise God!