Our new little daughter!

Our new little daughter!
Mari Elizabeth

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Friends and Family

I am so grateful to my friends and family who have come by my side and literally rescued me from a head long spiral! I was ill a little over a week ago with a high fever and an unknown bacterial infection. I was hospitalized twice. I was poked, and prodded and tested for everything! My mother-in-law came in the middle of the night to stay with the kids, my sister got me to the hospital (the 2nd time!) and meals were brought. Ironing, sweeping, laundry, visits, flowers, cards, help with the campaign . . . phone calls and daily checking in on my prognosis are just a few of the things that people helped with. Every person who came to our aid was incredibly thoughtful and proactive. My kids were taken to the movies and swimming and didn't miss me too much. My husband kept up the housework and yardwork in the midst of a political campaign. I don't think I even asked for help - it was just there. So, thank you for help big and small (none of it has been too small!!) I love you all, and am convinced that I am surrounded by angels.