Our new little daughter!

Our new little daughter!
Mari Elizabeth

Sunday, September 20, 2009

What We've Been Up to. . .

I hosted a baby shower yesterday for my cousin, Lisa. As of Wednesday she'd been admitted to the hospital for pre-term labor. Fortunately, by Saturday the contractions had been slowed down and the baby is still in utero. She was discharged from the hospital at 12pm and came straight to my house for the shower at 1:30pm. She is 33 weeks today. Phew.

Today mom and I are canning tomatoes and pumpkins. We're also pickling the cucumbers and making apple-raspberry jelly. Something about the 'pip' sound coming from a mason jar as it cools is very lovely. I am enjoying this time with my mother. It reminds me of being a girl. "Putting up" food makes me feel very productive.

Little cousin Eli joined the family last Thursday. He is adorable!!