Our new little daughter!

Our new little daughter!
Mari Elizabeth

Thursday, January 8, 2009

It's Official








Well, Mr. Priola is now officially Honorable Representative Priola. We attended his Inauguration Ceremony yesterday, as did a lot of our family members and several volunteers that served on his campaign. The ceremony was interesting, we got to sit with Kevin at his desk where he will vote on the chamber floor. He will be in for quite a ride, as our state is facing many, many challenges!
Lunch followed at Randolph's where we celebrated all of our hardwork. After the event, Kevin went back to the Capitol and the kids and I spent some time at the Denver Public Library. We met up with my sister, who drove the children home. Kevin and I then attended the Colorado Restaurant Association event which was deliciously catered by many local restaurants.










Being so jazzed up about the day, and finding ourselves downtown without our children - we decided to see a movie. We went to see the Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It is a must-see. It was a poignant reflection on the matter of time, and how we choose to use it. It dealt with issues of mortality, growth and aging. The message I most walked away with was a reminder to be kind; to those who are old, and to those who are young, and to everyone in between. Our journey here is a true gift, as are those whom we share it with.

I'm feeling content in my journey - what I'm doing with my children, myself and my husband. I feel blessed to be here, now. I am grateful for my family, and my friends and for the unique and particular challenges that make up the fabric of my life.