Our new little daughter!

Our new little daughter!
Mari Elizabeth

Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I'm going to start this reflection every Monday. Today, however is a Thursday . . . but it's been on my mind since Monday, does that count?

Outside my window . . . mango tinged day lillies are blooming as they stand 3 feet tall.

I am thinking . . . I need to spend some time hoeing the garden and harvesting some produce.

I am thankful for . . . my dad.

From the kitchen . . . wafts the fragrance of zucchini enveloped in cinnamon.

I am wearing . . . shorts and a pink t-shirt with a pony-tail and sunscreen.

I am creating . . . campaign literature and volunteer guidelines for hubby's campaign.

I am going . . . to spend the evening with dear girl friends on the porch drinking cocktails.

I am reading . . . Three Cups of Tea, which is one of the reasons I was up too late ;)

I am hoping . . . that my body will heal quickly and we can try for another baby this fall.

I am hearing . . . so many people are concerned about the "state of the nation" as I've been walking precincts with my husband.

Around the house . . . there are projects on almost every flat surface.

One of my favorite things . . . is painting. It has been too long, and I want to start doing it again.

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week . . . to consolidate our travel plans for next week. To get my dad where he needs to go.