Our new little daughter!

Our new little daughter!
Mari Elizabeth

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Gimpy, Limpy and Wimpy

My family is seemingly afflicted with health problems at the time being.

Meet Gimpy -
My father was in an automobile accident on the Fourth of July in which a drunk drive attempted suicide by aiming at my father's semi-truck for a head on collision. He averted major disaster, but did end up with a torn spleen and an inoperable truck. No one was killed. I pray for the confused soul who was so hopeless as to attempt this stunt. God bless my sister, who drove to Albuquerque, New Mexico to get him. They are on their way back to Denver as we speak. He'll be spending the week here to recover as his wife is in Alaska.

Meet Limpy -
My mother, who lives in New Castle, Colorado spent yesterday getting shots in her feet - OUCH! She's been suffering with plantar fascitis for a prolonged time and now is off of work and feeling pretty limpy.

Meet Wimpy -
I had a nice little go around with a hemorraghic corpus luteum on Sunday and after not being able to sit or walk without agonizing pain, ended up in bed with a Percoset while my kids climbed all over me and tried to watch movies. Dear hubby tried to keep them occupied, but mom is a magnet no one can resist (ha ha). The diagnosis is rest and time, with lots of ibuprofen and if needed, something a little stronger. I was concerned it was some complication miscarriage related, but other than wacky hormones - the doctor's believe I'm on the right track to getting well.

So this may explain why I've been a little blog blocked lately. I do have some amazing 4th of July holiday tales - like Turin shouting across the grass "Hey mom, I need another cigarette!" I'll post about that one soon . . . And my fun and ornery family being here on Saturday night to make pizza for the family dinner party for Turin's 6th birthday. Life is good.