Our new little daughter!

Our new little daughter!
Mari Elizabeth

Monday, June 30, 2008

Bling@!

We participated in Randy and Stephanie Tedy's wedding this weekend in Breckenridge, Colorado. It was a beautiful event, unique and perfectly suited to the couple's tastes and personalities. We felt so welcome and special and I believe everyone did! They were so considerate of everyone . . . including pictures of all the wedded family members, remembering those who had passed and were not with us, and even Aunt Marcia remembering my son's birthday gift at her own son's rehearsal dinner. Wow.

After the Blessing of the Hands poem was read (at which point I was weeping!) my favorite part of the ceremony was when Randy feigned forgetting the ring. The groomsmen played along, all very dramatically. I wasn't fooled, though. This is a prankster family . . . (at which point I was laughing).

When he finally "found" it, he pulled out a spectacularly huge upgrade to what the bride was expecting. The moment was classic. It was a movie scene, or better yet - a diamond commercial! Zales, they one-upped you!